Wednesday, May 12, 2010

At Jollibee there are good friends like Cristy...

If you ask any kid in the Philippines, "where do you want to go?" Excitedly he'll answer Jollibee!!! Kids not only love the chicken joy, they also love to greet the Jollibee mascot walking around, plus the play pen inside the restaurant.

Every kid find so much joy eating in every Jollibee, a place for them to celebrate their birthdays and make friends with other kids.
Jollibee isn't just for kids, adults love it too. Most workers rush to Jollibee during lunch time, some sit and eat for a business meeting, others dine in to get together.
As for me, I love Jollibee not just because i love their chicken joy but because there I met one of my treasured friend-Cristy.
Cristy and I became friends because of Charity. Back then, She was the branch Manager at Jollibee Cubao. We were introduced to each other by Maui-her service crew.

Maui was in desperate need for help to save her baby from the rare and deadly disease biliary atresia. I can't forget the day when she approached me while eating at Jollibee Aurora. She asked if I am a reporter, I answered no, I'm a news writer/program producer. Tearfully she said, "Ma'am please help my baby." She showed the picture of her ailing baby Patricia. How could i say No... In short, I promised to help her, and from that day on, Cristy and I became friends working together in helping baby Patricia to get a liver transplant.

Cristy and I have one thing in common...Charity...it brought us together. Because of Charity we are able to find good friends like Mabel and Rommel, Noeme and Jaron who joined us in helping baby Patricia. I can't imagine how all of us, squeezed our busy time to meet and take part in fund raising activities to the point of producing a benefit concert.

Jollibee played a very important role in our goal to save baby Patricia. Jollibee Foods Corporation's staffs and crews supported this great cause, allowing donation cans in every Jollibee restaurant, and sponsored the benefit concert. Everybody at Jollibee cared and expressed their support. An unforgetable moment of good christian virtue.

We  all did our best to help the baby but only God can prolong her life. We lost Patricia but she lives in our hearts and memory.  She left one thing to us...a Good Friendship.

Cristy and I became real good friends together with Mabel, Noeme, Jaron and Rommel. We laughed and cried together, shared our own individual problems and triumphs. Although we seldom see each other, we know in our hearts that each one is a treasure.  We all believe that:
" Friendship without self-interest is one of the rare and beautiful things in life." James Byrne
Cristy is always soft-spoken, the kind of friend who is always ready to give a helping hand and to share the most comforting words to make you feel better and never lose hope in life. I am proud to be her friend.

These days whenever i go to a Jollibee i enjoy eating the crispy chicken joy more. Every bite reminds me of Cristy and our friends, every memory we shared together. I say, sa Jollibee ang saya-saya. I miss you guys...hope to see u soon!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment